October 28, 2016
Attendees: Amy Kovalchuk, Stephanie Anderson, Gail McDougal, and Lori Jones
Not In Attendance: Jarod Brown- emergency dentist appointment, Shanae Starnes- supervising Finishing Touch Opening
- CTSOs – The discussion was held about what CTSOs are and how they benefit our students. Horticulture will be participating in the FFA, Cosmetology and Automotive will be participating in Skills USA, and Culinary will mentor students to participate in FFA- food safety, cuts of meat identification.
- Skills USA will need to have memberships in by November 15 to get the early bird benefits.
- Stephanie is developing her FFA Busters- they will eventually be part of the Hub Busters.
- Hub Calendar- Lori will create and share a Hub activity calendar so that we can all be more informed as to what we are doing in the Hub. Stephanie has shared the dates of her activities. An email was sent out to remind Jarod, Shanae, and Amy to share theirs.
- Possible joint Horticulture and culinary activities – Visit the Sturgeon Farm, Dole Plant, the Roof Gardens of Charlotte, Johnson and Wales, Carowinds, Career Discovery Day. Lori, Stephanie and Amy will coordinate dates and times.
- Recruitment: Due to the redistricting taking place recruitment is later this year. The goal is to do our recruiting in November and December with the lottery opening January 7, 2017. Lots of good ideas and suggestions, but before we put together a concrete plan, we need to meet with everyone to discuss their needs and ideas.
- A separate meeting next week was suggested to deal specifically with recruitment.
- Food safety issues with the North Meck BBQ was discussed, since our culinary department works with it. Chef Amy is concerned that her students are not seeing Serve Safe standards being implemented during this event.
- Horticulture has a new partner- Sevson- They are going to replace all the shade cloth in the greenhouse and outdoors. Other thing were mentioned, we will see what comes to fruition.
- Poinsettia sale 12/2 for staff and 12/3 for the public. Culinary will be making cookies for sale. There will also be orchids available for sale.
- There is an issue with the Installation of new air hand driers in D Bldg. according to the Health department bathrooms need to have individualized paper towels. Lori will notify Admin.
- Spring Plant Sale tentatively 4/21 for staff and 4/22 for the public.
Topic will be recruitment planning for this year.
Meeting Adjourned: 3:45 PM